Blue’s Bed and Breakfast
A quiet, friendly B&B that's walking distance to:
- Harvard University
- Lesley University
- Harvard Observatory
- Porter Square Red Line MBTA (the T) and the Commuter Rail station
82 Avon Hill Street
Whether you're in the Cambridge area for a conference
or business, sightseeing, or visiting a son or daughter
at college, this comfortable antiques-filled 11-room
1910 house in Cambridge's Avon Hill conservation
district is your quiet, friendly home-away-from-home.
Just a few minutes' walk from the Porter Square subway station, Blue's Bed
and Breakfast is conveniently located near the Harvard Observatory, Center
for Astrophysics (CfA and Radcliffe Quad area), Harvard and Lesley Universities,
with Tufts, MIT, and downtown Boston just a quick 'T' or train ride away.
Bed and Breakfast, once the home of "L'il Abner" cartoonist Al
Capp, offers two big, sunny, and comfortable guest rooms. A healthy,
home-cooked breakfast is served in the formal dining room or
on the shady garden terrace, weather permitting.
- Queen, king or twin-sized, comfortable beds with
- Computer with high-speed internet access available
in the library for use by guests
- Free wireless Internet access in rooms
- Air-conditioned guest rooms; (or fans and through
breezes, if you prefer)
- Cable television, alarm clocks, hair dryer in bedrooms.
- Off-street garage parking, or on-street with
- Fine restaurants, theater, museums, art galleries,
movies, and wonderful shopping all within easy walking distance
- Affordable rates
After more than 2 decades, Innkeeper
Blue Magruder left Earthwatch
Institute to join the Harvard
Museum of Natural History. Her house is filled
with folk art from her Earthwatch research expedition
travel. Her husband, also a Harvard alum, John Hurwitch,
is a retired health-care consultant, an avid sailor,
and collector of photography and maritime books.